What are your legal obligations
Government regulations in today’s society are comprehensive. Your legal obligations around fire safety are no exception.
Failure to comply may mean
• Your building insurance is in jeopardy
• You could be fined or worse. (Penalties include incarceration)
Building owners and managers have specific responsibilities under the Building Act 1993 for maintaining essential services related to fire.
Focus Fire and Safety can assist you to meet them all.
The regulations require that the owner of a building complies with the following
You are required by law to:
• Display in an approved location a copy of an occupancy permit including any conditions required under regulation 1008;
• Prepare and display an Annual Essential Safety Measures Report (AESMR) in accordance with regulation 1209 before each anniversary
of the date of the Occupancy Permit or Maintenance Determination made under regulation 1204;
• Keep all Annual Essential Safety Measures Reports and records of maintenance checks, as well as service and repair work on the premises
for inspection by the municipal building surveyor or chief officer at any time on request.
Our professional expertise can help you to minimise fire risk and maximise safety at all your sites at considerable savings to you by
taking the responsibility off your shoulders - made possible from experience and economies obtained across a broad customer base